Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Beginnings

Serenity Seekers ...I'm here with you!


I boarded the RecoveryExpress about 5 years ago. By now I have loads of luggage that I've filled with valuable tools and supplies for this journey. Each week, sometimes several times a week, I have to throw something out because it doesn't fit me anymore or it smells bad to those that travel with me. Likewise, I spot new opportunities quite often. My goal is to travel lighter with each passing year, saving only those treasures I can take with me to my final destination. The rest I am anxious to give away to other travelers looking to increase their options/inventory for their journeys.



Being in Celebrate Recovery, I use several maps: The Bible, the 12 Steps, that wonderful Miller book Hunger for Healing. Of course, each station I stop at has loads of resources for the using. My closest fellow travelers touch base with me each week at the Celebrate Recovery meeting, especially the step study. I encounter other valuable guides that don't know they are guides. Often they are the most helpful because they stand back a bit further and see things differently. They may be parked on the side of the road, tires flat, steam geysering out of the radiator and all their junk blocking their progress. I learn from these people, often painfully, especially if the steam drifts in my direction or I've also struggled with stalled progress.



So keep your eyes open as I may be giving away valuables. That leaves space for me to pick up new stuff so I'll be looking around, too. Keep in touch and give a hand to stragglers you find along the way. As my favorite philosopher Red Green says, "We're all in this together."



Elaine Kay, Traveler
(pbp,gintwmy)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Where have you been! I love your intro and am going to visit often to read about your jorney and how I can get serenity too.

    ReplyDelete